Journal Communications' Community Publishing Group Purchases Clintonville (WI) Tribune-Gazette from GateHouse Media Inc.
MILWAUKEE, WI, October 11, 2007 - Journal Communications, Inc. announced today that its Journal Community Publishing Group has purchased the Clintonville Tribune-Gazette in Clintonville, Wisconsin, from GateHouse Media, Inc. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Dirks, Van Essen & Murray, a newspaper merger-and-acquisition firm in Santa Fe, New Mexico, represented GateHouse Media in the transaction.
The Clintonville Tribune-Gazette is a weekly publication with a paid circulation of approximately 2,300.
“The acquisition of the Tribune-Gazette allows Journal Community Publishing Group to deepen its media offerings and extend its reach in north central Wisconsin and to take advantage of efficiencies created by our printing facility in nearby Waupaca,” said Steven J. Smith, chairman and chief executive officer of Journal Communications. “We will continue to seek to expand our community newspaper footprint in our Wisconsin and Florida markets, as we believe we can benefit from our strong sales and management teams and our clear understanding of our audiences in these clusters.”
GateHouse Media, Inc., headquartered in Fairport, New York, is one of the largest publishers of locally based print and online media in the United States with 86 daily publications. GateHouse Media currently serves local audiences of more than 10 million per week across 19 states.
Journal Communications Inc., founded in 1882 and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a diversified media company with operations in publishing, radio and television broadcasting, interactive media and printing services. The company publishes the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and 75 community newspapers and shoppers in eight states. It owns and operates 35 radio stations and 10 television stations in 12 states. Its interactive assets include more than 75 online enterprises associated with its daily and community newspapers, television and radio stations.